Philip K Dick
* We hypostasize information into objects. Rearrangement of objects is change in the content of the information; the message has changed. This is a language which we have lost the ability to read. We ourselves are a part of this language; changes in us are changes in the content of the information. We ourselves are information-rich; information enters us, is processed and is then projected outwards once more, now in an altered form. We are not aware that we are doing this, that in fact this is all we are doing.
* Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane.
* A lot can be said for the infinite mercies of God, but the smarts of a good pharmacist, when you get down to it, is worth more.
* To fight the Empire is to be infected by its derangement ... Whoever defeats the Empire becomes the Empire; it proliferates like a virus ... thereby it becomes its enemies.
* The Empire Never Ended
* Mental illness is not funny.
* Crazy people do not apply the principle of scientific parsimony... they shoot for the baroque.
* Helping people was one of the two basic things Fat had been told to give up; helping people and taking dope. He had stopped taking dope, but all his energy and enthusiasm were now totally channelled into saving people. Better he had kept on with the dope.
* Fish cannot carry guns.
* It is amazing that when someone else spouts the nonsense you yourself believe you can readily perceive it as nonsense.
* Certainly it constitutes bad news if the people who agree with you are buggier than batshit.
* Madness has its own dynamism. It just goes on.